Monday, July 26, 2010

Rejection #...

27. :) Up to number 27.

It's not too bad, these rejections. Though I'm sure many are simply form rejections, I have gotten a few that tell me another agent will surely feel differently about my work, or, my absolute favorite rejection I've gotten, that while my story is interesting (that makes me very happy), they just don't think they can successfully represent it. Which is totally fine by me. As long as they're being honest.

So, nothing else new. It's amazingly sunny outside, so I think I may head out and suck up as much Vitamin D as my body will allow before it forces me to gulp down gallons and gallons of water.

Um, other than that, not too much.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd like to pose this question: Any upcoming book releases you're excited about? Me? Hmmm. Here's a little list.

  1. Mockingjay (Hunger Games 3) - Release Date: August 24th, 2010
  2. Bran Hambric: The Specter Key (Bran Hambric 2) - Release Date: Fall 2010
  3. Paranormalcy - Release Date: August 31st, 2010
  4. The DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) - Release Date: September 7th, 2010

What about YOU?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Rejection # 27! That means you've had the guts to submit 20 more times than me. Keep up the good work!

    I can't wait for Mockingjay, and I've been hearing a lot about The DUFF and Paranormalcy, but haven't heard of Bran Hambric. It sounds good though.

    I'm finishing For The Win by Cory Doctorow, it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice words, Melissa! It's unbelievably frustrating getting all these rejections, but I just keep telling myself everything happens for a reason; perhaps I'm just not meant to work with these agents. :)

    I'll definitely have to look for For The Win. Hopefully I'll pick it up soon!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happens to us all :) I'm up to 20 *grin* A partial request will come before you know it and it'll have you doing cartwheels

    ReplyDelete