Monday, July 19, 2010

New Book, New Title, New Query

Hey all. :)

So, I have to admit I haven't updated the blog for roughly four or five days (I'm too lazy to count). But, the truth is, there's been absolutely no reason to.

So, to further prove this point, I've compiled some reasons as to why I don't really update daily...

Number one: I'm blogging about my journey in seeking publication, and that whole "seeking" bit is an extremely slow process. So, as with all slow things, you can guess it's been going pretty, what's the word?, slow. :D So basically there's nothing to ever update about, unless of course I start to freak out and hyperventilate when something (hopefully soon) AMAZING happens regarding my novel.

Annoying, yes. But that's the book business.

Number two: I don't want to pile useless information about my day onto this blog...unless I so choose. I may contradict myself in later posts, but, uh, yeah. For now, I don't want to.

Hmmm. I can't really think of a number three, which is good, I'd reckon. (I don't hear the word reckon often, so I thought I'd use it!)

There are two things to talk about, though...

First, I received another rejection today. Number twenty-four, if you're that curious. (I'm keeping count; it'll be interesting and fun to look at past rejections once I'm hopefully a published author.) But trust me, it's not angering. It's more frustrating than anything. So, yep, not too big a deal. Just need to keep submitting, keep submitting, keep submitting...

Secondly, I'm about to start a new book! Recently, I just finished the first novel in the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan, titled The Ruins of Gorlan. IT. WAS. FANTASTIC. Seriously. It was a fast-paced, enjoyable fantasy that flows very well and has a hold-your-interest plot that kept me buried within the pages. I'd wholly recommend picking this novel up if you have the chance. In fact, I've already started the sequel, titled The Burning Bridge.

Now, back to the book that I was talking about. The one I'm about to start.

The Light by D.J. MacHale! =] It's the first novel in the Morpheus Road trilogy, and ever since I picked it up over a month ago it's been idly sitting around, just waiting to be read. So, yes, though I'm already reading the second Ranger's Apprentice (and another book; I'm one of those people who doesn't mind reading multiple books at a time), I just couldn't resist staring at it longingly anymore. So, I'm about to start it!

Well, that's it for today! I've submitted more queries, attempting to craft them various ways and such just to see what the effect would be. On one of them, I even changed the title just to do a little "experiment" so-to-speak, and see what the response would be!

Wish me luck with the queries! And now, I leave you with these questions that you're more than welcome to leave the answers to in the comment box below: do you like to read multiple books at a time?, what are your favorite books?, and, lastly, what are your favorite covers?

Until then, happy reading and writing! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Argh. My first comment didn't go through. I hate when that happens...

    Anyway, I figured that since you're my 100th follower, I owed you a follow back. Right?

    Good luck with the querying. It's such a slow, slow process. Even slower in the summer when everyone's on vacation.

    Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristen! And yep, querying is most definitely an insanely slow process. It's frustrating at times, too, but obviously rewarding when something incredible happens.

    Thanks again (for both the following and the comment!), I'll be sure to spread word of your blog around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the queries! I'm in the same process, and I've gotten many form rejections. Like you, I'm being quite calm about it, which is probably best. I don't think it would help to feel every letter like a slap in the face.

    Anyway, thanks for the follow, and I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete