Thursday, July 8, 2010

Playing the Waiting Game

It's extremely tough to wait. Especially when what you're waiting to receive is a response to your nurtured, perfected little book you've sent out into the world with hopes that rise high into the sky.

It's even tougher when you're attempting to break into the book business, a business that (I've come to learn) is full of waiting.

How I handle it? By simply kicking back, smiling, and telling myself I've done all that I can do. I wrote the book I had a vision for (over a year ago, in fact), edited it until my eyes fell out (eh, a little dramatic, but you get the point), and wrote what I truly hope was a really, really well-written and intriguing query letter.

End of story.

So, yes, it's definitely hard to wait for a response. Especially when you keep receiving rejection after rejection. But hey, didn't all the most amazing authors have their fair share of rejections? The answer is a wholehearted yes.

Just remember that every "no" you receive is taking you one step closer to the "yes" that I'm sure we'll all (hopefully soon) receive. And no matter what, keep going.

1 comment:

  1. This is very true! Good luck with getting your first book published! :)

    ReplyDelete