- Your heart will beat nearly three times.
- The human population will increase by nine.
- Americans will eat 6,000 eggs.
- Three teddy bears will be given as gifts.
- The place where you are now on Earth will revolve 0.87 mile eastward.
- Rodents will eat enough to feed 19 starving people.
- Enough tourists to fill a bus will arrive somewhere.
- 18 years' worth of television will be watched by people around the world.
- Irish people will drink 200 potfuls of tea.
- 93 trees will be cut down to make the liners for disposable diapers.
Whew! That's A LOT to think about.
I got these ten facts straight from a short book titled (you guessed it) In The Next Three Seconds... It's by Rowland Morgan, and illustrated by Rod and Kira Josey. A family member rented it from a libary, and, well, one thing led to another...and suddenly I found my hands on it, unable to put it down. It's simply fascinating to think that these ten things (and trust me, there are quite a few more), have already happened since I began writing this post, and are happening right now, and will be happening three seconds after the previous three seconds ends...if that makes any sense at all.
Just felt like sharing, because some of these things seriously blew my mind.
Ever heard of this book? You have? Great! You haven't, well, check it out! :) You'll be stunned, to say the least. (It goes all the way up to "In the next three million years...".)
I'd like to know, did you find any of these facts interesting? I find numbers six, eight, and ten insanely interesting...with six being quite disturbing.
Well, that ends my post for today. Thanks for reading, and, as always, write on! :)