Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm a Little Behind, Yes...

...but for good reason. 

I began a new novel a week or so ago, and though there's always that underlying, seemingly elusive this-is-the-book-I-can-feel-it-deep-down-inside kinda feeling with everything habitual writers write, I sorta wanna admit that I get that feeling with this one, too.  But I think it's pretty strong.  Maybe stronger than normal.  *sounds really stupid and realizes it* 
 
Funny thing is, I hadn't even been intending to start it when I did.  Heck, I didn't even plan on writing something new that day, or for a long while, for I already have a few WIPs (that I'm beginning to lose touch with--cue sad face)...but of course I only want to work on those projects that I'm most passionate about.  So I was mindlessly checking my email, laughing through some YouTube vids, and checking up on everything else--and suddenly, I was wrought with an itch to write.  So, naturally, I opened Microsoft Word and started something...and kept going...and going...and going.

And here I am, blogging about how awesome it is to have something I'm so excited to get going on!

I don't have a plot.  I don't have an ending.  I'm only a few pages in.  But it's started.  And I don't plan on stopping.

So, yes.  I'm incredibly excited to see where this project goes...or doesn't go (though I'm rooting for the former, of course!).

In other news (I believe I can safely say I'm a little behind on this one, too), I was checking up on Beth Revis's website and blog (Across the Universe is looking so enticing on my TBR pile right now...), which led me to her helpful things for writers page, and thus to Authoress's blog, a.k.a. Miss Snark's First Victim.  I think I'm falling in love.  It's a fantastic blog for aspiring authors where monthly "Secret Agent" contests are held, among other things, and where success stories are beginning to become abundant!  Go check it out, if you haven't already (which, considering there's already over 400 followers, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't already been loyally following)!  You won't be disappointed.  And what more, but Authoress and I share somewhat of a common trait: we're both a little mysterious, and haven't fully given our true identities away (though she's an agented YA author, and may be revealing herself anytime now...). 

So, that's it for now.  Thank you for reading; I aim to be back soon!        

No comments:

Post a Comment